10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Eloping
The Gathered Gals Styled Shoot
So you’re 2 months into planning your wedding and…you kind of hate it. Maybe it’s the money. Maybe it’s the stress. Maybe it’s the fact that you never really wanted a big wedding anyway. Well, today, we’re giving you permission to fully play with the idea of eloping. And we’re teasing you with the most beautiful Florida elopement ever. Here are the 10 reasons that you should probably consider jumping ship from your crazy wedding planning adventure!
Think Antelope Canyon meets the Florida country — a little laughable in comparison BUT you can’t help but fall in love with those different hues of orange, which led us to dream up this Monochromatic clay road wonderland! We’re skipping out on the green this time and setting the tone for a single wavelength of color across the board!
Imagine the textiles, cakes and stationery complimenting our location—our stunning bride and groom will have nothing left to do but STAND OUT in all of their wildly in love glory.
TEN REASONS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ELOPING
1. Cost. Because duh. We’ve seen elopements like this one where the cost is minimal and we’ve seen those that are intensely elaborate. The average U.S. wedding costs more than $28,000, so if you’re not looking to shell out that much cash, head to City Hall and spend the $50 to $75 it costs to tie the knot, civil-style. Regardless, you 100% will save money by eloping. But, this is true for simply trimming your guest list too – you can spoil yourselves and your crew a little more if there are only a handful of you!
2. Stress. Do you have sympathy sweats every time you attend a friend’s wedding? Does your stomach knot up at the idea of saying intimate vows in front of a room full of people? Wedding planning is not for the faint of heart. At an elopement, it’s just you, your witness and an officiant — what could be more intimate?
3. Time. If you’re short on time for one reason or another, eloping is usually the easiest option. You can always host a big party on the other side when all is said and done!
4. Guest List. If yours is just too big and you can’t seem to make it work, consider eloping. There’s no opportunity for crazy at an elopement.
5. Just-The-Two-of You. Regardless of how in the moment you may be at your wedding, it’s hard to block out the noise and just focus on your soon-to-be. It’s actually impossible, really. Because there are other people in your life that love you and care about you and want to celebrate WITH you so it’s a quick kiss and hug away from total distraction.
6. Privacy. In today’s day in age where it’s very hard to control the social media tendencies of our friends and family, therefore, making it pretty hard to be a private person and get married at the same time. Photos get leaked, Facebook posts get posted, Instagram stories are uploaded. If that gives you the heebie geebies, you should consider eloping.
7. No Limits. Truly. When you elope, you can basically get married anywhere. On a cliff, in a canoe, in a park, on a beach, anywhere. There are ZERO limits. And the limitlessness of the venue also means that you have limitless options with what you wear, how long your vows are, where you take your photos, how late you party or how early you go to bed! And that is pretty incredible.
8. The Spotlight. When 50% of the population can be categorized as introverted, you know there must be a lot of couples out there who feel uncomfortable at their own wedding. If the thought of saying “I do” in front of a bunch of guests makes your stomach go flip, consider eloping.
9. Longing for Adventure. What better way to kick off a marriage full of fun than with a trip somewhere you’ve never been and a steeped-in-love wedding ceremony? You can piggyback your trip onto your ceremony and let the fun begin right away. Plus, it saves money on that flight out! Instead of a destination wedding in the Caribbean — where guests will expect to be invited — hop a plane to a city you’ve always dreamt of visiting and return as a married couple.
10. BECAUSE IT’S YOUR BIG DAY! Just do what makes you happy.